- Post a thank you note on the employee’s office desk.
- Greet employees by name when you pass their desks.
- Acknowledge individual achievements by using people’s names.
- Make a thank you card by hand.
- Ask a person to share his accomplishments with others as a way of recognizing person’s ability & role.
- Make a celebration calendar where in managers can use post it’s & written notes on recognition tacked onto specific dates to honor contributions of employees.
- Email thanking an employee for a good idea for contribution.
- Email offering encouragement for upcoming major project.
- Send the employee a recognition memo from the Manager’s.
- Hold up an applause sign at the next staff meeting after you mention your employee's successes.
- Send out a weekly "Great Achievement E-mail Award" to the entire company acknowledging one outstanding employee.
- Award the employee with a "plum assignment"- their choice of what they want to work on for their next project.
- Send flowers to one of the less recognized "behind the scenes" individuals.
- Create a "Hall of Fame" in the training room. Put up a picture of each employee of the month, and engrave their name on a master plaque with words of recognition.
- Hand out the "Bright Ideas" award for innovative thinking. The winner gets a free dinner, tickets to the movies, etc.
- Give the "High Five" award. Pick five people in the department and have them go up to an employee and say "I heard that you did a great job at ... Good work!"
Mr. Manoj Dubey
Sr. Regional Manager - HR